Consumer Products Product Development Manager – Vancouver, BC
The Coalition is currently seeking a Consumer Products Product Development Manager to work in the highly competitive and fascinating world of interactive entertainment. As a Consumer Products Product Development Manager you will oversee all aspects of production for all licensed merchandise, including apparel, accessories, toys, collectibles, peripherals, and other product categories. This management includes daily and long range product planning, account management, project management, quality control, and execution. A successful candidate will demonstrate strong organizational skills, good communication skills, independent thinking, knowledgeable in Gears of War video game play, universe and fiction.
- Manage all aspects of product development including product planning, account/project management, quality control, and execution with licensed merchandise partners and internal stake holders.
- Create and manage the long range product plan for the Gears of War consumer products program, in collaboration with Licensing Lead
- Create and manage a detailed production planner, with all product sku’s and manufacturing deadlines
- Coordinate with all partners to ensure a complimentary product offering that aligns with the Gears of War strategic plan
- Assist with partner retail planning, including display creation and signage and collaborate with Licensing Lead to deliver results at retail
- Design and deliver recommendations for new cross collaborations amongst consumer products partners
- Must communicate well with The Coalition stakeholders and manage deadlines effectively
- Must communicate well with external business partners, acting professionally to convey the message
- Manage art, marketing and game code assets (archiving, organizing) and work with game studios to retrieve and deliver them to licensees and/or agencies
- Assist with licensing style guide development and delivery.
- Administrative duties will include shipping boxes and other miscellaneous tasks
- Process and maintain licensing sample archives
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task over various projects in a timely manner
- Project management expertise, with specific focus on attention to detail, tracking and meeting deadlines
- Strong people management, leadership skills and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of consumer products goods, including product development, manufacture, sales and distribution of toys, games, apparel, peripherals, and accessories.
- Strong personal initiative and good judgment; desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment
- Passion for gaming
- BA/BS or work experience equivalent
- 3+ years of real world experience in production management of broad consumer products merchandise categories or game development pipelines required
- Knowledge of the Gears of War universe
- Familiar in Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Office Suite (Powerpoint), InDesign
- Familiar with working with 3D programs like Maya or Zbrush