Multiplayer Level Designer – Vancouver, Canada
The Coalition is looking for a Multiplayer Level Designer to design multiplayer maps for the Gears of War universe. Our ideal candidate possesses experience with multiplayer map design and the Unreal level creation tools. Candidates will also be expected to playtest their maps in our internal studio playtests and provide constructive feedback to other designers. Most of all, we are looking for enthusiasm to learn, grow and create the next great Gears of War multiplayer experience.
- Create in-engine prototypes of levels and gameplay ideas.
- Collaborate effectively and take the initiative to bring parties together to execute on the vision for the levels.
- Design execution of engaging multiplayer levels from concept to building and tuning.
- Playtesting and feedback, while collaborating with the rest of the design team.
- Fix bugs or issues with maps to ship them at a high level of quality.
- Work with the Level Design Lead to create metrics and standards for play.
- Share your creativity, knowledge and best practices with other level designers.
- Use our gameplay systems smartly and find inspiring ways to make the game/level shine.
- Incorporate feedback from playtests and user research.
- Must have 2+ years of experience in video games.
- Familiarity with 3D level design tools (UnrealEd, Kismet, Maya, Max, Hammer, Radiant or similar 3D editor).
- A passion for multiplayer gaming.
- Some practical understanding of physical and architectural spaces, Bachelor’s degree in Design, Art or Architecture would be ideal.
- Previous experience and interest with a gameplay scripting language or high-level programming language. Some artistic background, formal or otherwise, 2D or 3D, is a plus.
- Familiarity with the game development process.
- Work well under deadlines.
Please include a link to your portfolio that best demonstrates your range in design.