Please submit a portfolio with narrative dialog examples when applying.
The Narrative Designer is part of the Narrative team, focused on implementing written scripts and supporting storytelling alongside and within gameplay.
The Narrative Designer collaborates closely with the Gears 5 Multiplayer team and Lead Narrative Designer to implement content in our systemic dialogue system (battle chatter), as well as provide feedback to the art content teams to ensure narrative consistency. They report to the Franchise Narrative Director.
• Support implementation and tracking of the battle chatter system, working with Systems designers, the Audio team and the Narrative team.
• Work with the Narrative Lead, Producer, Writers, and Designers to execute the intended narrative vision, communicate updates, solve creative challenges and provide feedback.
• Tracking and management of narrative-related game assets for localization, such as in-game dialogue and text.
• Research the Gears franchise to ensure narrative consistency.
• 2-3+ years of experience in video games with 1 shipped title.
• Understanding of game development process and workflows, including speech pipelines.
• A passion for games and an understanding of game design and narrative design for games, especially in multiplayer games.
• Ear for dialogue and audio; understanding of voice recording pipeline, context and relevance of lines for characters.
• In-depth knowledge of industry trends in interactive storytelling, with a genuine interest in creatively advancing the story medium.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Proven ability at successful multi-tasking under pressure.
• An interest in shooters and action games.
- Knowledge of the Gears of War franchise.
- Experience with localization pipelines and processes.
To apply for this position, please mail us with your resume (In .txt, .doc, .docx, or .pdf format) and cover letter at email@example.com. Let us know the location and position you’re applying for in your e-mail.