Technical Level Designer – Vancouver, Canada
The Coalition is looking for a Technical Level Designer to assist with the Campaign.
- Help the Level Design team to maintain a balance between the creative vision of the level and technical budget restraints.
- Utilize rapid prototyping to test feasibility of features/ideas/workflows
- Work with Engineering, Tech Art, and other departments to meet and solve technical stability or potential problems within campaign levels.
- Become a resident expert on the Level Design pipeline in UE4 including scripting and all technical requirements
- Ability to solve issues in the pipeline or mission implementation by a workaround and/or report to leads on blockers.
- Help define or refine the production pipeline as needed, including establishing and enforcing constraints and metrics throughout the project.
- Document, maintain, and test new design tools/scripting throughout development
- Experienced in AAA console game development
- Shipped at least 1 console products in a technical or level design role
- Strong knowledge in Unreal Engine 4 and understanding of level design workflows and tools, blueprints, and scripting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Above average problem-solving skills
- Ability to clearly express and present ideas
- Ability to understand and communicate in technical language with content creators, engineers, and production.
- Strong time management skills in an often-ambiguous environment