Technical Writer – Vancouver, BC
A renowned game is looking for a strong, versatile technical writer that is passionate about technology and video games. Your primary responsibility will be documenting the tools, workflows and pipelines for our game development team. You will be responsible for delivering and organizing high-quality technical content to the team in written form, video tutorials and other formats as needed. In this role you will create a common look and feel for all documentation, within our Confluence environment, regarding our game development processes and best practices across multiple topics. You will need to think in creative, critical, and innovative ways about content formats, to think strategically about documentation problems, searchability, and to take the initiative to prototype new ideas. Excellent communication and collaboration skills will be needed to work closely with developers, program managers, and artists.
• Create documentation for our tools and workflows for the end users (Artists/Designers/Project Managers/Engineers/etc.)
• Craft and organize documentation that enables end users to learn efficiently
• Create tutorials (video and written) for our tools and workflows for on boarding of new members
• Create and apply common standards for all documentation
• Help organize other documentation within the studio on Confluence.
• Ensure the documentation is organized and discoverable within Confluence and other documentation frameworks
• Aid in the transfer of tribal knowledge to shared knowledge
• 1-3 years’ experience in creating software documentation for a technical audience
• Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
• Demonstrate a clear process for developing written documentation
• Strong focus on delivering for the customer
• Experience creating training modules, videos and tutorials strongly desired
• Ability to learn new applications, tools, technologies, and processes quickly and independently
• Recent and relevant work experience within the games/tech industry
• Confluence experience strongly preferred but will consider other documentation tools
We require writing samples that demonstrate clarity, accuracy, conciseness, and the ability to write for technical and creative audiences.