Tools Software Engineer – Vancouver, Canada
Do you have a passion for supporting development with best in class tools and workflows? Do you get excited about Xbox and by the prospect of transforming gaming through efficient and scalable services? The Coalition are looking for a driven Software Engineer with a passion for tools and pipeline development. You will have a direct impact on the next generation of great games and experiences built by a talented team of geo-distributed developers.
In this role you will help drive the design and implementation of tools and workflows optimized for AAA game development in a fast paced and dynamic work environment. You will work closely with a variety of departments including our Engine team, our Design and Art Teams and other co-development partners to build out and support tools and pipelines for our various titles.
- Develop and maintain a variety of tools and workflows used by a large game development team including tools integrated into our art packages, our source control software and Unreal Engine.
- Increase the overall effectiveness of the development teams by aligning closely with various disciplines both within and outside of the studio.
- Identify new and existing workflows which can be developed and extended to aid in the development of the game.
- Bachelor of Math/Computer Science
- Programming background in C#, SQL and scripting languages
- Solid understanding of software engineering best practices
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for games and a “customer-obsessed” attitude
- At least 3 years of professional software development experience
- Professional C++ experience
- Solid 3D Math skills (linear algebra and trig.)
- Strong grasp of UX design principles
- Experience with building UI applications (MVVM)
- Experience with complex games systems (animation, graphics, game engine, etc.)
- Experience using 3D editors and applications