343 Industries, the developers of Halo, is seeking an FX Artist to join our team, a creative, self-driven person who would like to deliver an amazing Halo experience and is passionate about effects development. A team player with strong communication skills that is able to work with all disciplines and leads. Be a part of a tightly knit team responsible for delivering high-end effects for a future Halo game. Inspire gamers from around the world, join 343 Industries and become part of the Halo legacy!
• Use modern techniques to create high quality effects for environments and dynamic objects.
• Work directly with the Leads to ensure the visual quality bar is met.
• Concept and prototype new effects. Collaborate with the FX artists to share techniques, assets and ideas.
• Work closely with artists, animators, designers, and engineers to produce a cohesive game experience.
• Optimize effects to run efficiently within the game while maintaining high quality standards.
Qualifications & Skills
• 3+ years of professional experience in games, commercial and/or film.
• Experience working with real-time particle simulations in either proprietary or 3rd party systems.
• Strong understanding of how to create photorealistic effects.
• Shipped at least one AAA game, block buster film or popular TV series.
• Proficient in at least one 3D software package like Maya, Max or Houdini.
• Experience creating high quality fluid dynamic systems.
• Understanding of soft and rigid bodies.
• Knowledge of the art fundamentals including color theory, visual design, and composition.
• Solid understanding of physics, motion and animation, including weighting, scale and timing.
• Good understanding of Lighting and how it influences effects.
• Game scripting experience.
To apply for this position, please mail us with your resume (In .txt, .doc, .docx, or .pdf format) and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know the location and position you’re applying for in your e-mail.