World Builder – Redmond, WA
A renowned game studio currently working on AAA console title is looking for World Building Environment Artists to join our team to assemble and set dress levels and maps. We are looking for candidates with a strong desire to work in the Sci-Fi genre and a strong command of art foundations like silhouette, color, light and composition to create highly optimized game environments.
Candidates will be experienced in working closely with design to build fun worlds while balancing visual impact and storytelling. Candidates should have a strong understanding of the construction process for modern, large scale game environments that accounts for gameplay requirements. The ideal candidate must be highly effective and positive in ambiguous situations, able to self-motivate to high performance, manage your time effectively and react quickly to changing requirements.
Please Note: All candidates must deliver a full resume with samples to be considered for this position.
During WFH or if remote, the following is required for this type of position:
- Internet speed of at least 500 Mbps or 1 Gbps, wired connection preferred, to ensure work is not impacted by connectivity/latency issues
- Make sure to run and repeat speed tests throughout the day, as it can fluctuate during peak hours
- Reimbursement offered if an upgrade is an option in your area
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- 7+ years of professional experience working with game environments
- Shipped multiple titles on multiple platforms
- Excellent World Building and scene composition skills
- Experience with large scale environment construction
- Experience with FPS games
- Owned and shipped multiple levels and maps
- Experience with Autodesk Maya required
- Artist must have knowledge of modern game asset development process
- Artist should have strong time management and communication skills
- The ability to quickly grasp new technical concepts required
- Game Editor centric workflow experience a plus