Character Technical Artist
A renowned game studio is looking for a Character Technical Artist to help develop new experiences in our universe. A Character Technical Artist creates rigs and believable deformations on characters, weapons, vehicles and props, empower other disciplines and solve technical production issues.
• Develop character, weapon, and vehicle content in Maya and proprietary game engine.
• Solve technical production issues, especially those related to engine related troubleshooting.
• Work with content teams (such as animation or design) to collaborate on asset creation.
• Optimize assets to fit within performance budgets.
• Become proficient in proprietary workflows and pipelines.
• Create technically sound rigs and in-game assets for characters, weapons, and vehicles.
• Demonstrates, communicates and exemplifies clear expectations for quality of work, productivity, communication and professionalism to the team.
• Identify missing and help create documentation and tutorials relating to technical issues.
• Excel as a team player and strive to maximize team/department performance and collaboration.
• Based on experience – Develop tools, scripts, plugins to streamline processes.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Degree in Computer Science, Commercial Art or related fields.
• Experience within the fields of Rigging/Character Technical Art.
• Proficiency in Python, MEL or PyMel.
• Expert knowledge of Maya for animation and rigging.
• Expert knowledge of Animation principles and Kinematics.
• Solid foundation in human anatomy and mechanical principles.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Work well under deadlines and multi-tasks.
• Is self-motivated and self-reliant.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Facial rigging experience.
• C# and C++ (Maya API) experience.
• 2+ years of experience in the games or film/television industries including shipping AAA console titles.
• 4+ years or more of production experience within the fields of Rigging/Character Technical Art.
To apply for this position, please mail us with your resume (In .txt, .doc, .docx, or .pdf format) and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know the location and position you’re applying for in your e-mail.