Community Manager – Vancouver, Canada
We are seeking a Community Manager with a passion for Gears of War to be an outstanding representative of The Coalition with their fans. You will work with the Communications Team to execute on community campaigns, bring the voice of the community into the studio and find opportunities to support the growth of our Gears community. As Community Manager, you will be an always-on face of the studio, helping bring information out to fans, build relationships and manage customer issues on a daily basis.
You are a digital native that intuitively understands the language and behavior of the connect consumer. You will need to be self-motivated and able to foster relationships across our passionate fanbase, communicating on a daily basis and able to adapt to the ever-changing requirements of the live service title.
- Be a public-facing voice of the community, maintaining a consistent two-way dialogue between the players and the studio
- Provide excellent community interaction to players, customers and forum members through various channels such as forums, streaming services, messaging, emails and social media.
- Act as a first line of customer support by managing individual customer issues and tracking and responding to user issue from initial report to resolution
- Conduct active social listening to identify and leverage community trends as well as curate community-created content to highlight on all owned social media channels
- Support the creation of regular community reports on channel and content performance
- Track, manage, prioritize, and follow up on a high volume of community issues and marketing related assets simultaneously.
- Have a passion for engaging with fans on a daily basis, and be constantly looking for ways we can improve our communications with our players
- Demonstrate diplomacy and fairness to all community members.
- 5-8 years’ experience in a community role for a large game or entertainment brand.
- Extensive experience in working across numerous owned channels and understanding of how to use analytics to set and achieve KPIs.
- Extremely detail-oriented and driven to consistently meet deadlines.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Photoshop and video editing skills are a bonus
- A passionate gamer possessing ample experience with shooter games, preferably the Gears of War franchise, and the gaming space in general.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or equivalent work experience.